Wednesday, January 8, 2014

LOVE CAN BE AUTOMATIC

It's quiet here. Phyllis is watching TV with the dogs by her side in bed. I'm on the computer where I spend so much of my time.

Earlier, we took the poms out for some shopping. That makes them so happy, and more and more people recognize them and us now and know they can let all their joy hang out to the pom's joy.

In their entire lives, those two dogs have never growled or snapped at a single human being. Of course, they've never been struck or mistreated by us or anyone else. They expect to be adored and to adore back.

What a lesson in creature relations! If all a creature knows is loving kindness, that's what they will instinctively return. For agression or violent defense to enter in, fear has to first enter in. Our dogs are fearless for the most part. Therefore, they have no need for agressive defenses of any kind. It's a foreign thing to them.

I often wonder what happened in the early lives of narcissists and sociopaths that made them the unfeeling monsters they turned out to be. Yes, I mean reprobates like Herbert Armstrong. What was his childhood like?

It's easy to condemn the end result. Yet, I often wonder what laid behind it all. It's a long hard road to understand and hopefully change the condition of this world.

That's my thought for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment