Tuesday, March 5, 2013

THANKFUL, CONTENTED ME

Life can be so good at times! I don't think I've ever been happier or more contented.

Phyllis and I came back from our car washing jaunt and a trip to the local gelato cafe to a glorious and beautifully peaceful afternoon and shared a beer on the patio while we watched the busy wild bees swarming around the nectarine and apricot trees. The dogs joined us and added to the joyous ambiance.

This morning, I went and reattached a bedroom of carpeting that had been flooded and dried out over in Camp Verde and had to turn on the air conditioning on the way back. Spring is busting out all over.

I'm reminded of that picture from the Bible of relaxing under your vine and/or fig tree. Really, what is satisfying is being able to relax in peaceful surroundings on a piece of land you can call your own (in partnership with the bank) and feel somewhat safe, anyway as safe as it's possible to be in this sometimes unreliable world.

While we sat there, my mind wasn't on politics or anything else divisive. It was on feeling grateful for what I have to be grateful for and being marvelously peaceful. I have a sign over our carport that labels our little place "tranquil oasis." Made it myself.

That's what it is.

I appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment