Monday, September 10, 2012

MY VOCABULARY GREW

I've sometimes come across a word I was until just today too lazy to look up. That word was "myrmidon." I saw it again in a blog comment and decided to finally find out what it actually meant.

The definition: "a person who executes without question or scruple a master's commands."

To my horror, that perfectly describes the person I was about fifty years ago. I bowed to every suggestion and command that issued from Herbert Armstrong's immoral, lying mouth. Of course, it wasn't until much later that I realized what a lying, immoral monster he was. At the time, I thought he was the epitome of righteousness and truth.

The world is filled with myrmidons, and they all have one thing in common. They have all been deceived and hypnotized by some purveyor of deceptive non-truth. Many of those deceivers rise to the top of political parties and nations. Religions are awash in them, especially at the top. They all have the goal of enslaving people for their personal wealth and power. They hunger to be virtually deified.

My myrmidon days are behind me, but I find I still have to be onguard against being deceived into accepting someone at the face value he or she tries to project. There is no end to the deviousness some humans are capable of.


No comments:

Post a Comment