Friday, August 19, 2011

TRICKY, TRICKY BLACK BOY

I have to hand it to Obama.  I've been very disappointed with him over his seeming weakness and what appeared to be total surrender to the opposition. 

Yes, I'd like to see more confrontation and fight, and I'm still hoping to see it.  It has to come if he's not going to be a one-term president and this nation isn't going to be even more savaged than it now is by ending up in total Rethuglican/Tea Party control.

My wife, who is quite the analyst, pointed out something this morning.  She remembered an old episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, in which a colored lady got one up on conniving Raymond and labeled him a "tricky, tricky white boy."

She pointed out how Obama is very craftily outflanking his opposition on the immigration issue, giving much of the "dream act" benefits through legal executive action and winning points with Hispanic voters in the process.  He did some crafty maneuvering on the don't ask don't tell front as well.  She said it made her feel like saying, "Oh, you tricky, tricky black boy."

I may be more confrontational in my approach, but Obama isn't just lying down and letting his enemies roll over him.  He has a few "tricks" up his sleeve, and I'm sure that's driving the enemy nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment