Saturday, May 25, 2013

QUIT HIDING!

If you don't believe the religious crap the world hands you, why quail in fear and sit in that closet.

I don't shout my atheist beliefs from every street corner, but I'm not ashamed of them either and won't pretend to be a believer when I'm not.

I just had an interview with a couple that wants to get married on October 12. The gist of the conversation soon revealed a kindred spirit and they now know I'm an atheist just like them. They're looking forward to reading my blog and my autobiography.

That's the second such happy discovery this month! More people are wising up than most of us fact and reality based people realize. Again, the demographics are changing. More of the angry old white people are dying off. Even the pope is making conciliatory statements about unbelievers. How genuine that is remains to be seen. You know, if it seems too good to be true, it quite likely is.

The fact is that more and more of us humanist free thinkers are standing up and refusing to be intimidated. We're also growing in numbers, especially in the generation now coming on the scene. We'll become even more of a force to be reckoned with as each day passes.

Don't let that fact lull you to sleep. Powerful forces are arrayed against us, and history, plus contemporary news, proves they can be very, very ruthless.
 
Incidentally, if you are planning on getting married and don't want religion pervading your ceremony, actively seek out someone who thinks like you do.  They're out there.  I'm one of them.  I have an ordination from an atheist site as one of several I've gone for online.  In a lot of states, including Arizona, you can claim ordination for yourself, or someone you want to officiate for you can.  All this aura of "authority" is a smoke screen.  As I recall, Jesus didn't pay much attention to it either in his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment