Wednesday, November 7, 2012

IN THE NICK OF TIME

As I stated in my previous blog last night, America has been saved and the future set in a progressive direction.  We are a different country this morning, but a rejuvenated, more united country than we were 24-hours ago. 

America has condemned and then embraced all foreign incursions -- the irish of the potato famine, the italians and sicilians, Jews, the Germans and Russian Germans of post World War I times, etc.  They are now "us" and we are stronger for it.  We will also be stronger from the enlarged melting pot of the recent past.  My grandson is in a relationship with a beautiful and totally wonderful philipino girl.  Instead of denouncing it, I welcome it.  This genetic and cultural mixing is a strength, not a weakness.  History proves it so.

I could say much more and probably will in the days to come.  In the meantime, this article pretty well sums up the situation:  http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/welcome-to-liberal-america

No comments:

Post a Comment