Wednesday, November 27, 2013

NOTE TO OBAMA

My thanksgiving note to President Barack H. Obama:

Mr. President:

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I wish you and your family a very happy and meaningful holiday.

I’m a staunch atheist who happens to hold a degree in theology, so I won’t be thanking any gods for anything. Yet, this is my favorite holiday of the whole year. It’s not necessary to believe in fictional gods to be thankful and at a healthy 79, I am very thankful for a great deal.

One of the things I am thankful for is that we have a sincere and caring man like you as president of our country. I know you’ve been able to accomplish only a small fraction of what you wished to accomplish due to the insane opposition you’ve encountered. If you’d had a democratic congress, much more would have been done and we’d long ago have left this “recession” in the dust.

I want you to know that your efforts are understood and appreciated by people like me and my wife, Phyllis. Thank you for everything you have tried to do and have done to bring sanity back into government, not the least of which being the avoidance of more ill-conceived and unnecessary wars.

In deep appreciation


Allen C. Dexter

No comments:

Post a Comment