Wednesday, September 4, 2013

REFLECTIONS

I did my walk. Glad to be back. A little under a mile total and I was glad to see it end. I had thought of going to the local convenience store, but that would have totaled over a mile and a half. No, thanks.

I remember when I was in college. Sometimes alone, sometimes with friends, I'd take off for downtown Pasadena and walk three or four miles in both directions. I/we went like the wind, but we were in our early twenties then. Calves didn't threaten to knot up in a cramp. We were just impatient to get there and wasted no time. Like George Burns sang, if I had to run now, I simply wouldn't go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6saG57kPE&feature=related.)

I also would like to do it again, but the game doesn't work that way. At one time, I half-way believed in reincarnation, but I'm pretty sure that's another myth based on fear and hopefulness. I'm expecting everything to go black one of these days and what's left of me to be recycled back into the universe. That re-whatever is about all we can depend on.

See More
George Burns - Old Bones
www.youtube.com
George Burns - Old Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment