Wednesday, December 18, 2013

ENOUGH WITH THE SURVEILLANCE, ALREADY!

What's with all this desire to monitor everything people do? I'm not too concerned about the NSA. If they want to be bored out of their skulls, they can achieve it just by monitoring me.

There's a letter on my desk from State Farm offering the carrot of rate reduction if I just put a spy device in my car so they can sit in judgment of my driving habits. I'm not going to bite that hook! Go chuck that pretty looking worm where the sun doesn't shine!

For example, when I'm driving long distance and the road is not congested, I usually go five to ten mles over the speed limit because I know the Highway Patrol usually allows that under safe conditions. For awhile, the GPS we have in Phyllis' car would chime in wth an annoying "warning" reminder everytime I did that. I think it drove people nuts and it seems to have stopped doing that. Made me want to shout, "Shut up, already!"

We've become such a crime riddled society, that some camera is recording your every move just about everywhere you go. It solves alot of criminal cases, but I just don't like the feeling of being watched. Since nearly everything I do is benign, I don't worry too much about it. But, living in a surveillance world just doesn't appeal to me.

After all, I did read Orwell's 1984!

No comments:

Post a Comment