Sunday, December 15, 2013

RIPP[ED OFF AGAIN!

Marketing! What a deceitful crock of you know what!

I decided to clean up Phyllis's car this afternoon, so I went down to the do-it-yourself carwash at the corner and thoroughly vacuumed it, then gave it a wash. Near the end of the wash, I switced it to "wax" and got a film of clear coat. Looked great!

Months ago, Phyllis got hooked by a product that was supposed to magically restore your car's finish, so she ordered it. I'd been waiting for the temps to get just right and the "spirit" to move me to apply it.

Today was the day. Temps about 60 and me energetic. I started applying to that sparkling clean finish. It took me about 2 seconds to realize that all I was doing was applying a thick coat of clear coat that we could have gotten for a fraction of the cost at any parts store or in the auto section of WalMart.

It's so easy to fall victim to these "carnival barker" salesmen and women. They have this excited tone that gets you going like a holy roller preacher at a camp meeting. It's really the same kind of emotional game, and I have to really watch it even as knowledgeable as I am.

Oh well. There's enough in those two bottles for about three more applications, and you can rest assured that I'm going to use up that liquid gold product.

No comments:

Post a Comment