Monday, January 13, 2014

MY GIFT

I do have one gift I'm very thankful for. It came to me through the magic of genetics from ancestors who had the same gift and was developed through education and job experience over many years.

I'm referring to the ability to take thoughts one could be very wordy about and condense them down into succinct, hard-hitting statements. It came to the fore when our freethought group was seeking a concise name. I came up with Sedona Verde Valley Secular Freethinkers, and it was adopted. When we needed a concise statement of what we were to give to another organization, they turned to me and I gave them a short and sweet summary that fit into the word limit perfectly.

I appreciate that gift. I often sit in the background, absorbing what is being said and discussed and give a short summary of my own that encompasses the gist of it all. I don't think I'm being vain to recognize what I can do and do do. It makes me a blogger, which is really an unpaid syndicated author. To say it's fulfilling to me would be a gross understatment. It's one of my greatest joys and fulfillments.

I hope that gift lives on in my descendants and that they will utilize it to the full before their lives come to that inevitable end.

Keep writing, Nancy. You do it so well. Cultivate it and practice. Get in the habit of doing it, in a journal or whatever appeals to you. Facebook your heart out.

Jaime, Eugene, the talent must be there somewhere in the background. The longer you live, the more you will have to say, and if you try, you'll be able to say it.

I know Michael has the urge even though he has chosen to cut himself off from all of us. Hopefully, that situation will end and he will have something to say in what remains of his life.

I hope my grandchildren will do the same. None of us will necessarily change the world all that much, but it is so fulfilling that I can only hope you will carry on in your own ways as much as you possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment