Wednesday, January 22, 2014

OBSCENE WEALTH

There's an article on Huffpost Business this morning which points out that 85 of the world's richest people own approximately the same amount of world wealth as the bottom half of the entire world population does.

I have absolutely no desire to keep people from getting rich from honest labor and effort. I'd dearly love to have a few hundrd thousand or a few million sitting in a bank account to tap any time I needed it. But, wealth like that described here comes only at the expense of impoverishing the bulk of one's fellow human beings.

I could say more, but anyone who's been following my Facebook page and my blog knows exactly what I mean and where I'm coming from. Useful things need doing and I'm going to go do a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment